School Year 21-22: We Are More Powerful Together
Students and families, we are so excited to be back together in person for the 2021-22 school year.
COVID-19 Symptom Tracker: We ask that you assess yourself daily, review the list of symptoms, and complete the tracker whenever you exhibit one of these symptoms. The school nurse will be reviewing this list actively and will prioritize cases to contact for isolation.
Common Ground’s lottery is open for students & families wanting to join our school community for the 2022-23 school year! Visit our Become a Student page to learn more & apply.
Have questions about the lottery or becoming a Common Ground student? Contact Sharyn Lopez, Manager – Student Engagement & Out of School Programs, at 203.389.4333 x1206 or by email.
You can also use the links below to learn more about our school …
- Visit us & Apply
- How is Common Ground Different?
- Our Classes & Curriculum
- Every Student Leads: POWER
- Outside the Classroom: After-School Programs
- College Success
- Schedule & Calendar
- Are you an athlete? Scientist? Activist? Artist? Entrepreneur? Environmental Leader? Find out how CG can help you blaze your path.
Please reach out, and we will help answer your questions.
Main Number: 203.389.4333
Complete Teachers & Staff List
- Ana Rosa, x1202, Manager, School Office Operations,Email
- Iris Jimenez, Administrative Assistant, x1200, Email
- Cherry Pacquette-Emmanuel, School Director, x1203 Email
Click here for more Covid related info and other Student Health related documents and information.
In each of the last 5 years, between 97% and 100% of our graduates were accepted to college. Our 4-year graduation rates significantly exceeded the state average in 4 of the 5 last school years. Recent Common Ground 9th and 10th graders have made greater gains in reading, writing, and math than 90 or more percent of their peers across the country, according to results of the NWEA MAP. Common Ground was the state’s first U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School and a recipient of many awards and grants in recognition of our work.
Common Ground’s curriculum combines rigorous high academic standards for all, responsive relationships with adults and peers who really care, relevant, real-world learning that’s rooted in the community and environment, and real roles and rights for students. Imagine studying …
- Math while you … decide what should be planted on Common Ground’s farm to maximize production, nutrition, taste, and cultural relevance.
- Science while you … turn what you are learning about climate change into beautiful paintings, spoken word, and graffiti art
- English while you … work with professional actors to write and perform plays about social justice issues that matter to you.