POWERful learners & leaders, and committed & loving families … Here are the latest updates:
- Student & Family Newsletter – Week of Feb 20
- March Breakfast & Lunch Menus
Click here for 2022-23 health updates.
Click here for more COVID info and other Student Health documents and information.
Click here for our School Wellness Policy Triennial Assessment Summary of Findings
Common Ground’s lottery is now open for the 2023-24 school year! To learn more, visit our Become a Student page.
You can also use the links below to learn more about our school …
- Visit us & Apply
- How is Common Ground Different?
- Our Classes & Curriculum
- Every Student Leads: POWER
- Outside the Classroom: After-School Programs
- College Success
- Schedule & Calendar
- Are you an athlete? Scientist? Activist? Artist? Entrepreneur? Environmental Leader? Find out how CG can help you blaze your path.
Please reach out – we are here to help!
Main Number: 203.389.4333
Complete Teachers & Staff List
- Ana Rosa, School Office Operations Manager, x1202,Email
- Iris Jimenez, Administrative Assistant, x1200, Email
- Cherry Pacquette-Emmanuel, School Director, x1203 Email
- Victor Rios, Student Support Manager x1218, Email
- Miriam Sheffield, Student Culture Coordinator x1207, Email
- Keith Riley, School Nurse x1205, Email
OVERALL:211 | CT Family & Student Resources
FOOD: New Haven Food Guide | En Espanol
HEALTH: HAVEN Free Health Clinic | Community Health Van | Insurance for Children & Families
HOUSING: Youth Continuum Homelessness Prevention & Care | Energy Assistance – Heating Help | Fair Rent Commissions
MENTAL HEALTH: Finding Mental Health Services | Clifford Beers – Mental Health & Support for Youth | Suicide Prevention Lifeline
INTERNET: Internet for Low-Income Families
LEGAL: New Haven Legal Assistance
CHILD CARE: Care for Kids – Child Care Support
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & TRAFFICKING: CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence | Love 146 – Child & Human Trafficking Resources
Over the last five years, more than 90% of Common Ground graduates have gained admissions to college. Our 4-year graduation rates significantly exceeded the state average in 4 of the 5 last school years. Recent Common Ground 9th and 10th graders have made greater gains in reading, writing, and math than 90 or more percent of their peers across the country, according to results of the NWEA MAP. Common Ground was the state’s first U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School and a recipient of many awards and grants in recognition of our work, including the National Building Hope Award in 2022.
Common Ground’s curriculum combines rigorous high academic standards for all, responsive relationships with adults and peers who really care, relevant, real-world learning that’s rooted in the community and environment, and real roles and rights for students. Imagine studying …
- Math while you … decide what should be planted on Common Ground’s farm to maximize production, nutrition, taste, and cultural relevance.
- Science while you … turn what you are learning about climate change into beautiful paintings, spoken word, and graffiti art
- English while you … work with professional actors to write and perform plays about social justice issues that matter to you.
Recent Blog Posts about the High School
Meet Our Green Jobs Corps Coordinator, Ana Reyes!joeltolman
By Amelia Bragg-Phillips, Izabella, Angel Mercado, Jetaly Traverso Ana Reyes (she/they) joined Common Ground this spring as the Green Jobs Corps Coordinator. Green Jobs Corps has been a program at Common Ground for more than
Meet Nicole Pertelesi, Common Ground Art Teacherjoeltolman
Nicole Pertelesi joined our team in fall 2022 as our art teacher -- and brings so much to our small school community! Learn more about her in this interview with our Educational Change Intern team,
Meet Ms. McKinnon, Common Ground Special Educatorjoeltolman
We're so excited to have Ms. Briana McKinnon on our team at Common Ground this year. Her ability to build loving, accountable relationships with our high school students, her background in math and business, and