There will be no high school classes on Wednesday, 9/16, for a professional development day. Teachers are focused on building their skills for engaging all students in distance learning!
Click here for a statement on Self-Monitoring for Covid Symptoms from our Nurse, Keith Riley
- Read a start of year letter to students & families (En Espanol). This message includes important information about orientation, registration, and our school return model.
- View the 2020-21 weekly school schedule
- Access the 2020-21 student handbook
- See the 2020-21 School calendar (In English & En Espanol).
- Get important Immunization Information (In English & En Espanol). It is very important that immunizations are up to date. Read more in this letter.
- Read about our universal free meals program (in English & En Espanol).
Shout out to the 45 incoming 9th graders who joined us for remote summer school, to all the returning students who turned “incompletes” from distance learning into passing grades, and to the teachers who supported them! Special props to 25 students who showed up for in person summer school — all of whom earned enough credit to move to the next grade!
School Office Staff Contact Information:
Please reach out, and we will help answer your questions:
Ana Rosa—Office Manager
203 389-0823 ext. 1202
Iris Jimenez—Administrative Assistant
203 389-0823 ext. 1200
Student Support Staff Contact information
Monique Frasier—Assistant Director
203 389—0823 ext. 1218
Victor Rios—Student Support Coordinator
203 389—0823 ext. 1218
Keith Riley— School Nurse
203 389 4333 ext. 1205
In each of the last 5 years, between 97% and 100% of our graduates were accepted to college. Our 4-year graduation rates significantly exceeded the state average in 4 of the 5 last school years. Recent Common Ground 9th and 10th graders have made greater gains in reading, writing, and math than 90 or more percent of their peers across the country, according to results of the NWEA MAP. Common Ground was the state’s first U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School and a recipient of many awards and grants in recognition of our work.
Main Phone: 203 389-4333
Complete Staff List
- Monica Maccera Filppu, Executive Director & Interim School Director, x1216 Email
- Monique Frasier, Assistant Director x1218, Email
- Ana Rosa, x1202, Office Manager,Email
- Iris Jimenez, Educational Aide, x1200, Email
- Sharyn Lopez, Student Opportunities Manager, x1206, Email
- Brian Kelahan, Post High School Planning & Recruitment Manager, x1281, Email
- Miriam Sheffield, Student Affairs Assistant. x1207, Email
Common Ground’s curriculum combines rigorous high academic standards for all, responsive relationships with adults and peers who really care, relevant, real-world learning that’s rooted in the community and environment, and real roles and rights for students. Imagine studying …
- Math while you … decide what should be planted on Common Ground’s farm to maximize production, nutrition, taste, and cultural relevance.
- Science while you … turn what you are learning about climate change into beautiful paintings, spoken word, and graffiti art
- English while you … work with professional actors to write and perform plays about social justice issues that matter to you.