PLEASE NOTE: In order to comply with adjusted CT Open Meeting laws, this Zoom meeting will be recorded and posted on the Common Ground website
New Haven Ecology Project
Board Meeting Agenda May 26th
Scheduled Zoom meeting: CG Board of Directors Meeting
Time: May 26th, 2020 05:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 854 8330 9373
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,85483309373#,,1#,930963# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,85483309373#,,1#,930963# US (New York)
Meeting ID: 854 8330 9373
Welcome Student Board Members: Christopher Albert and Anthony Mithchell
Public Participation (5:40) (two minutes per person for a total time limit of 30 minutes, or by email; see instructions below) Sign up for Public Participation HERE
Business Requiring Approval (6:10)
- Minutes of the April 27th meeting
- Healthy Food and Food Exemptions Resolutions
- Be it resolved that: Pursuant to C.G.S. Section 10-215f, the board of education or governing authority certifies that all food items offered for sale to students in the schools under its jurisdiction, and not exempted from the Connecticut Nutrition Standards published by the Connecticut State Department of Education, will comply with the Connecticut Nutrition Standards during the period of July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020. This certification shall include all food offered for sale to students separately from reimbursable meals at all times and from all sources, including but not limited to, school stores, vending machines, school cafeterias, and any fundraising activities on school premises sponsored by the school or by non-school organizations and groups.
- Be it resolved that: The board of education of Common Ground High School will allow the sale to students of food items that do not meet the Connecticut Nutrition Standards provided that the following conditions are met: 1) the sale is in connection with an event occurring after the end of the regular school day or on the weekend; 2) the sale is at the location of the event; and 3) the food items are not sold from a vending machine or school store.
- NOTE: An “event” is an occurrence that involves more than just a regularly scheduled practice, meeting, or extracurricular activity. For example, soccer games, school plays, and interscholastic debates are events but soccer practices, play rehearsals, and debate team meetings are not. The “regular school day” is the period from midnight before to 30 minutes after the end of the official school day. “Location” means where the event is being held.
- Invoices Needing Approval
- Annual Rent payment to the city of New Haven: $20,000
- Rock 2 Rock invoices to participating partner organizations; note there will be additional payments to organizing partners once accounting for Rock to Rock is finalized.
- CitySeed: $5,157.57
- Massaro Community Farm: $18,445.96
Executive Director Report (6:20)
Organizational Update (6:25)
- Focus on Community Programs
- How are we celebrating our Seniors
- Recent Press Coverage of Common Ground
- Common Ground earns a 2020 Above and Beyond Award from the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- How Common Ground High School Supports Students and the Community During the Pandemic (U.S. Green Building Council/Center for Green Schools)
Finance Committee Report (6:30)
- Budget vs Actuals as of April 30th
- Days of Cash on hand visual
- Discussion of SY 2020-2021 Budget: proposed direction
Development Committee Report (6:45)
New Business (7:15)
- Move the June Board meeting to Monday, June 29th at 5:30 pm to ensure most accurate information before voting on budget
Executive Session (7:15)
Monday, June 29th 5:30 pm
In order to comply with adjusted Connecticut Open Meeting laws, any member of the public wishing to participate in the meeting must sign up on the Public Participation Sign-up Document. Sign-ups for Public Participation will open at 5 pm on the last business day before the meeting (Friday, May 22nd) and will close at 5:00 pm on the day of the meeting (Tuesday, May 26th). Public Participation is limited to 2 minutes per person up to 30 total minutes. Anyone wishing to make a statement to the board can also submit testimony in writing to the Board Secretary: Errol.Saunders@nhep.com by 5:30 pm on the day of the meeting. All submitted documents will be included in the publicly shared meeting minutes.