• Assist kitchen staff, daily prep, salad bar prep, dish washing, maintaining inventory and putting stock away.
• Monitor all log sheets, making sure all temps are recorded daily.
• Maintain communication with kitchen staff, prioritize daily duties.
• Remove and properly store Breakfast, assist in the setup of lunch.
• Maintain Breakfast shelf, and set up cart for next day.
• Notify Supervisor of Quantities for ordering.
• Organize and setup after school snack.
• Staff extracurricular school functions as needed.
• Daily check in and out on the time clock
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures for Kitchen Cleanliness.
• Aid staff in maintaining Health Department/Serve Safe standards for whole kitchen.
• 20 hours per week – 4 hours per day, 5 days per week – Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 2:00pm (includes ½ hour lunch break). 25 hours per week maximum.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Fathiya Williams, Head Chef
Common Ground High School
358 Springside Ave., New Haven, CT 06515
Common Ground is particularly eager for candidates who help us fulfill our commitment to building a racially and culturally diverse faculty and staff. Common Ground has a commitment to examining the intersection of social, environmental, and food justice issues; how systems of oppression, including white privilege, impact the organization’s work; and how resistance to those systems can offer windows into a more sustainable society.
It is the policy of the New Haven Ecology Project, Inc. and Common Ground High School that no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise discriminated against under any program, including employment, because of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, mental retardation, and past/present history of mental disorder, learning disability and physical disability.
It is the policy of the New Haven Ecology Project, Inc. and Common Ground High School to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to age, color, marital status, civil union status, national origin, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation or gender in all personnel actions, including recruitment, evaluation, selection, daily interactions, promotion, compensation, training and termination.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), as amended, it is the policy of the New Haven Ecology Project, Inc. and Common Ground High School not to discriminate against protected qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in all aspect of employment.
Leave A Comment