WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION. PLEASE SEE OUR JOIN OUR STAFF PAGE FOR CURRENT OPENINGS.
Common Ground — the nation’s oldest environmental charter high school, creating the next generation of successful college students and powerful community and environmental leaders — is seeking one passionate, creative, and certified English teacher. This teacher will serve as a long-term substitute in the fall of 2017 teaching 10th and 11th grade English classes.
Common Ground is seeking outstanding candidates with:
- A passion for our environmental mission and commitment to equitable and sustainable change
- An understanding of the circumstances that low income students and students of color have historically and are presently experiencing and an awareness of the role of individual educators and educational institutions in creating and changing those experiences
- Strong background in Common Core Standards
- Passion and experience for curriculum development
- Prior experience with and commitment to engaging students from racially and economically diverse urban settings
- Appropriate Connecticut certification.
- Bachelor degree, Masters strongly preferred
Common Ground is particularly eager for candidates who help us fulfill our commitment to building a racially and culturally diverse faculty.
At Common Ground, a truly diverse community of 195 students from 16 different towns experiences a mix of high academic standards, active learning and leadership opportunities, and small school supports that are producing dramatic educational results. More than 90% of our students are accepted to college, and our students’ graduation rates and test scores have pushed above the state average.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Liz Cox, School Director
Common Ground High School
358 Springside Ave., New Haven, CT 06515
Leave A Comment