THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. PLEASE SEE OUR JOIN OUR STAFF PAGE FOR CURRENT OPENINGS.
Common Ground — the nation’s oldest environmental charter high school, creating the next generation of successful college students and powerful community and environmental leaders — is seeking one passionate, creative, and certified Spanish teacher.
Common Ground — the nation’s oldest environmental charter high school, creating the next generation of successful college students and powerful community and environmental leaders — is seeking one passionate, creative, and certified Social Studies/History teacher. This teacher will have the chance to:
- Teach Common Ground’s core history and social studies classes
- Help to build a social studies curriculum that addresses intersections of social studies and social justice issues, and incorporates culturally relevant content for our student body
- Co-teach interdisciplinary courses that integrate social justice and environmental issues with content from social studies and history
Common Ground is seeking outstanding candidates with:
- A passion for our environmental mission and commitment to equitable and sustainable change
- An understanding of the circumstances that low income students and students of color have historically and are presently experiencing and an awareness of the role of individual educators and educational institutions in creating and changing those experiences
- Strong background in Common Core Standards and the C-3 Social Studies framework
- Passion and experience for curriculum development
- Prior experience with and commitment to engaging students from racially and economically diverse urban settings
- Appropriate Connecticut certification.
- Bachelor degree, Masters strongly preferred
- Common Ground is particularly eager for candidates who help us fulfill our commitment to building a racially and culturally diverse faculty.
At Common Ground, a truly diverse community of 195 students from 16 different towns experiences a mix of high academic standards, active learning and leadership opportunities, and small school supports that are producing dramatic educational results. More than 90% of our students are accepted to college, and our students’ graduation rates and test scores have pushed above the state average.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Liz Cox, School Director
Common Ground High School
358 Springside Ave., New Haven, CT 06515
Leave A Comment