Common Ground — the nation’s oldest environmental charter high school, creating the next generation of successful college students and powerful community and environmental leaders — is seeking a full-time passionate, creative, and certified School Social Worker.
This School Social Worker will have the opportunity to:
- Provide strategic and comprehensive social work services that identify and address the social-emotional-environmental issues that interfere with the educational process to our students
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders, including parents/guardians, all appropriate school staff, and community-based resources in the provision of services
- Act as a strong team member for Common Ground’s small, dedicated, creative staff
Common Ground is seeking outstanding candidates with:
- A passion for our environmental mission and commitment to equitable and sustainable change
- An understanding of the circumstances that low income students and students of color have historically and are presently experiencing and an awareness of the role of individual educators and educational institutions in creating and changing those experiences
- Prior experience with and commitment to engaging students from racially and economically diverse urban settings
- Experience providing social work services at the high school level
- Appropriate Connecticut certification.
Common Ground is particularly eager for candidates who help us fulfill our commitment to building a racially and culturally diverse faculty and staff. Common Ground has a commitment to examining the intersection of social, environmental, and food justice issues; how systems of oppression, including white privilege, impact the organization’s work; and how resistance to those systems can offer windows into a more sustainable society.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Liz Cox, School Director
Common Ground High School
358 Springside Ave., New Haven, CT 06515