This position has been filled. Please see our Join Our Staff page for current openings.
The Manager of Post High School Placement, Alumni Affairs, and Student Recruitment is responsible for supporting student entrance to and exit from Common Ground. This staff person holds responsibility for all aspects of the post-high school placement process, coordinating alumni affairs, and ensuring that important information about the school’s educational mission and operations is communicated to external audiences, including prospective students and families, area schools, and community organizations.
The Manager of Post High School Placement, Alumni Affairs, and Student Recruitment is a member of Common Ground High School’s Leadership Team.
Common Ground is seeking outstanding candidates with:
- A passion for our environmental mission and commitment to just, equitable, and sustainable change
- An understanding of the circumstances that low income students and students of color (Black, Latino etc..) have historically and are presently experiencing and an awareness of the role of individual educators and educational institutions in creating and changing those experiences
- Direct experience working with high school-age young people — as a teacher, program leader, etc.
- Strong project coordination and detail management skills — ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Prior experience with and commitment to engaging students from racially and economically diverse urban settings
At Common Ground, a truly diverse community of 195 students from 16 different towns experiences a mix of high academic standards, active learning and leadership opportunities, and small school supports that are producing dramatic educational results.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: