Even as the mercury drops, Common Ground keeps the fun going. Check out these photos from around campus as winter arrives:
Click on a thumbnail to view a larger version.
Click Next (above) to view more photos in this collection!
- We enjoyed Winterfest with the community–don’t worry, there is more community fun (MAPLE SYRUP, PANCAKES!) on the horizon.
- We got the farm prepped for the cold! Missing open farm days? You can still visit! Enjoy our upcoming Greenhouse Open House, or take a class in organic gardening.
At the high school:
- Our students marched for justice.
- Mr. Horbachuk’s physics class braved 5 degree temps to test student-designed egg drop devices.
- Ms. Champagne’s Nature Literature course took a field trip to Concord, Mass, where they had the opportunity to meet with Jeff Cramer at the Walden Woods Project, visit Thoreau’s cabin with Thoreau himself, and go on a guided tour at the Concord Museum.
- Mr. Kelahan’s Global Studies class researched the history, economic, and cultural significance of a food item produced at CG. They then presented an argument concerning why (or why not) the food item should be produced here, complete with a tasty dish highlighting the food at our multicultural dinner.
Thanks to Vladimir Jankovic, Joel Tolman, Shannon Raider-Ginsburg, Kate Cebik, Amy Champagne, Win Vitkowsky, and Brian Kelahan for sharing photos for our collection.